Task is a task runner / build tool that aims to be simpler and easier to use than, for example, GNU Make.
Since it's written in Go, Task is just a single binary and has no other dependencies, which means you don't need to mess with any complicated install setups just to use a build tool.
- echo 'Hello World from Task!'
And call it by running
task hello from your terminal.
The above example is just the start, you can take a look at the usage guide to check the full schema documentation and Task features.
- Easy installation: just download a single binary, add to
$PATHand you're done! Or you can also install using Homebrew, Snapcraft, or Scoop if you want.
- Available on CIs: by adding this simple command to install on your CI script and you're ready to use Task as part of your CI pipeline;
- Truly cross-platform: while most build tools only work well on Linux or macOS, Task also supports Windows thanks to this shell interpreter for Go.
- Great for code generation: you can easily prevent a task from running if a given set of files haven't changed since last run (based either on its timestamp or content).